Friday, December 15, 2006

The world is calming right down....

So, it turns out that when they cauterize a bleeding nose they only need to use this little stick with a chemical on the end. (silver nitrate? not sure...cute doctor's accent confused me) They only use the super long nose camera thingy for bleeds waaaay high up. And considering how long this thing was, it could've tickled the back of his brain.

And yes, that is as technical as I get with the boys health. I know every detail of every cell in MY body that a Doctor has ever looked at, but whenever I try to look things up for the kids, or even walk into Sick Kids, I become a blithering idiot. I put on a very good show, so calm and together you'd never know that everything going in my brain was just pouring out the other side in a puddly mess. Of course, the kid was perfectly calm and relaxed. Just played his video game thingy, and ignored the Doctor totally. I used to hate those portable video games, until I discovered that they are a great method of anesthesia when a sick child is stressed out. If it was up to me there would be a flat screen TV on the ceiling of every medical room in the world. And DVD players for kids with every video they like. Really, would you rather calmly take blood from a child transfixed by the Bionicles, or would you prefer having 4 parents and staff sit on his arm and chest while he screamed? Thank god for Nintendo!

The good news is that now he will never (okay 80% likely never) ever have another nosebleed again. It turns out he had a bunch of weak blood vessels on both sides, so this was necessary now or in the future.

And of course, with all of this, plus Xmas, I forgot to take my letrazole. So here's hoping I'm not going to waste these OPKs. If not, it's okay because really, I need another month or so of good sleep, extra vitamins, and my Golite. With my weak-ass ovaries, I need all the help I can get, right?

3 comments:

  1. Glad to hear the boy and you survived the procedure. Go sleep now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you got that all sorted out.

    I should look into that procedure for my husband because he occasionally gets whoppers that make *me* pass out.

    Also, inexpensive OPKs - saveontests.com . It's been quite beneficial for me because holy crap are those things expensive elsewhere.

    Figured I'd pass that along.

    I think the next time I go in for any procedure I'm bringing a portable video game system.

    ReplyDelete
  3. No worries on the assvice, coming from you it was helpful, not ass-based. I will look into the stuff you mentioned. In fact, if you know of any spells that may work,I'll take that too.

    ReplyDelete