Sunday, April 01, 2007

To reassure you all

AF arrived yesterday, if it was today on April Fool's that would've been totally ironic, hmm? Not that it matters...my RAIU test on April 10th will make me radioactive on ovulation day so, I guess we're skipping this month. Even I'M not that desperate...

Mr. Cotta and I made up the next morning, and I think most of our fight seems to have stemmed from our joint sleepless insomnia. I have gotten some more sleep since it arrived, but not as much as I want. I am in a better mood anyway.

To answer Lioness, right now, I have trouble falling asleep, due to stress, and thyroid stuff I think. When my estrogen is deficient, I wake up in the middle of the night or very early and can't get to sleep. I have a nice store of sleeping pills, but they all seem to knock me out for 10-12 hours or so. Ambien and Lunesta I'm told only last 7-8 hours but they aren't available in Canada right now, so I either take imovane, which only lasts 4 hours but has the side effect of metal mouth, or I take Benadryl and Tylenol PM, which don't really do the job. Prometrium orally I can only take 12 days out of the month, and couldn't take last week if I wanted to get AF, so that's out of the question.

I'm trying to get to sleep, but I think I need to do a couple of serious knock-out pills tonight. I'm a blithering fool, since I woke up at 6 am on Saturday, got dressed, and drove out to Toys R Us to stand in line and pray I could get a Nintendo Wii for my kids. They had to 20 to give out, and after 4 hours in line in the freezing cold and dark turning into dawn, I thought I was number 19 in line, but really I was number 24 in line, and I missed out! It was supposed to be one per family, and I thought I was okay because I counted the line. Well, it turns out that some of these people in line who were all "together" in the cold, weren't family anymore when the Wiis were handed out, ohh boy they didn't even know each other when the manager was watching. EBay anyone?

So next time there's a line up, screw 6 am, I'm there at 4 am.

Yawn...

8 comments:

  1. Wow. You are a NICE mom!! I won't even let my boys have video games let alone stand out in the cold to buy them for them. Don't worry, they are hardly deprived, that's just my one thing I am banning for as long as I can.

    I sure hope you get some sleep and that all goes well in the weeks ahead. I am an acronym idiot, so I don't know what RAIU stands for, but I sure wish you luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When you're radioactive from the RAIU, will you get superpowers? And if you had a superpower, which one would you choose?

    You are a dedicated mom. The only thing that gets me out of bed at 6 a.m. is a full bladder, an empty stomach, or an international flight. Otherwise... fuhgeddaboudit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What pisses me off is that manufacturers MANUFACTURE hype for their product by shipping only 20 units to the local TRU. That's bullshit.

    Glad you and Mr. Cotta made up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy that you made up, and very admiring of your forebearance at TRU. I might have had a quiet word with the manager about dissembling families if it was me...if I'd even been there in the first place, that is.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh yes, what superpower would you have?

    I can't believe you were standing in the cold for a wii. You are such a good mom!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry you missed out on the wii! Those sneaky buggers!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are a good mum to stand in the cold like that! Good on ya :)

    Good that you made up, you need him next month :)!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are a better mom then me. There is no way I would stand in line for something. I would just make them wait until more came out and we could get it then.

    ReplyDelete