Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Questions?

My birthday was good, and the cake was delish! I had a lovely day with the kids and my hubby. Very calm and relaxing, although the kids did a lot of bickering. Mental note: make sure they never ever get sick again.

Yep, if wishes were horses...

Anyway, I have a weird thing happening today. I got a call from an politician's office asking me to come in and meet with them on the whole infertility, pregnancy loss & maternal-fetal health issue. I had met with this person before during leadership last fall, but I hadn't really gotten anywhere that time. Thing is, usually politicians get asked for meetings by people like me, not the other way around. They never call people to come in.

I am feeling slightly nerve-wracked about it all, in fact, I'm rather worried I'm going to get told to shut up and stop bitching about it cause no one wants to hear it anymore from someone who is just a housewife. I swear I'm back to that mental place where I'm alternating between a brave, fearless and brilliant advocate, and wanting to hide under my dining room table like a two year old.

Most likely, we'll have a nice chat, full of platitudes and such. Maybe there will be an announcement or something he wants me to know is coming out? Something boring most likely, but maybe a little good?

Eh, I'll update later and let you know what's up. Unless I'm under my table. Gulp.

14 comments:

  1. JUST a housewife?? Good god, never would I imagine anyone saying that about you.

    What an opportunity! The invite wouldn't be there if he didn't think you'd have nothing important to say. Knock 'em dead.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck, and I am hoping that you will be pleasantly surprised!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck!!!!! Don't ever say you are just a housewife again! That's just silly - I can't even imagine what you do, raising a family, taking care of a household, etc. It is a lot of work and you do an important job! All I do is sit on my butt in an office all day in front of a computer, reading blogs, uh, I mean doing really important legal work (yeah right) for large companies...it is unsatisfying.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so not a housewife! Cool that they called you. Good luck - rock the house.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad they're reaching out to one of the foremost experts in the field. And, yes, I mean you, Aurelia.

    This sounds like a fantastic opportunity that I am sure you will make the absolute most of. Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good luck with the politicians. You must have made an impact with something you said.

    You shouldn't refer to yourself as "just a housewife" that is a hard job and you are not only doing that, but also trying to make a difference in the world.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't wait to hear what happened at the meeting. . .

    ReplyDelete
  8. Um, ditto DD. When I think of you, "Just a housewife" is not the first (or the hundredth) thing that comes to mind.

    Go to the meeting and enjoy the hell out of it - you're there to educate said politician and s/he will definitely come out smarter than when s/he went in.

    ReplyDelete
  9. There is no room under the table for you. None at all. Experts sit at the table, not under it, and it's great that the politician in question invited you. Must be a smart dude to recognize who he should reach out to.

    Would love to see that update.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good luck with the meeting!

    Bea

    ReplyDelete
  11. curious....good luck with that!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That's great. I'm so glad to know that I'm not the only one that has urges to fly under the table, when most people IRL think that I am utterly fearless. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Belated happy birthday wishes to you!

    Sorry about the boys being sick and all the confusion.

    Meanwhile, good luck with the politician. You will be talking for a lot of people.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Good luck with the meeting. Of course, you will be fabulous. Let us know what happens--it's v. exciting!

    ReplyDelete