Thursday, August 30, 2007

Swaying back and forth

I mentioned that I had strep didn't I? And took lots of antibiotics but they didn't seem to work perfectly. Took the edge off though.

I was feeling happier about the cottage thing, (thank you for all your kind comments yesterday!) and had managed to spend some time on the dock, but last night we heard a bear snuffling and rooting around so we got up really early, like at dawn.

And this morning I threw up.

I've felt really dizzy and off-kilter ever since. My stomach is not so steady. Everything moves funny even when I'm on steady ground.

Did I mention that AF came really early last time, like day 24, and I'm only on CD7 or 8 or something? So we know it's not pregnancy.

Maybe I'm just allergic to the outdoors.

12 comments:

  1. I'm with you. A vaca with bears and dirty dshes is no vaca to me. Bring on the room service I say!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you feel better soon!

    Bea

    ReplyDelete
  3. You will be home soon.

    Feel better!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gosh, that just sounds awful. Could you go home NOW? (And pretend you were vacationing in your house for the rest of the week?) Because at least you don't have to fire rounds off when you throw out your garbage ...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you feel better soon, Aurelia! It's not still the strep is it?

    The bear thing is just too scary, bet you can't wait to get home!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Here's something that worked well for my nausea - take three fingers and put them on your wrist right under your hand. Right under the three fingers there's a pressure point that you can push on that really helps you not feel sick. I have no idea how it works but mmmm do I feel better.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What I mean by "under the three fingers" is "below the three fingers, closer to your elbow than the three fingers are." I speke gud.

    ReplyDelete
  8. gosh...that went from bad to worse.

    at least the trip has been eventful. yikes...in a what did you do on your summer holiday kind of way...you've got plenty to write about.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You simply sound stressed and with all your escapades to the the hospital and all the rest its no wonder!

    Did you say you were on holiday?

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm so sorry you are sick and I hope you feel better! I say you treat yourself to a vacation after the vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hope you are feeling better soon Aurelia. Sounds like a virus or allergy but either way the effects are not good! Keep us posted, okay?

    ReplyDelete
  12. I do hope you're feeling better very soon!

    ReplyDelete