Monday, March 24, 2008

29 weeks, feet up

I saw my OB again, and while the baby is doing well, I'm feeling pretty tired. Maybe it was the 12 people we had over for Easter dinner yesterday? Or maybe it was the subject matter, which revolved around how everyone felt about my brother-in-law and his recovery, (doing well, btw, the hospital has been great since he had so many physical and mental issues to deal with, best thing we've ever done) and well, he became a bit of a debate.

An unpleasant one at that. Cause now that he's doing well, it's time for everyone to get pissed off at him for putting us through hell, doncha know? I'm personally in the forgive and forget camp, but I'm only an in-law, so I don't seem to count. I keep wondering how many years I have to be married into the clan, and how many Cottan children I have to produce before I get my passport? No one can give me a number......

So after 2 weeks of the kids being home, and too many arguments....is it any surprise that my blood pressure is ever so slightly up? And that there is once again a some protein in my urine?

Yeah, still not swollen, weight is okay, as you can see from my previous post, I'm all tummy. Thanks for all your lovely supportive comments, btw. I'm a bit of a control freak about my weight, and I purposely don't own a scale or ever check it, because I know I have the potential to have an eating disorder if I ever let myself---too much anxiety, I guess? Anyway, I was kind of shocked at my size in the photo, and worked myself up, but you dear readers, convinced me I look good.

So there! Phooey on worrying about crap. I'm going to rest and sit on my butt, and keep my feet up.

And maybe next week, things will look better, right? Positive thinking, right? RIGHT?

10 comments:

  1. feet up and relaxing sounds good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, put those feet up & repeat after me... "Ommmmmmm...." Seriously, take it easy, you deserve it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just keep your feet up and the relatives FAR away and things will be better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's ok for them to be angry for a little while. Compassionate, too, but it does hurt like hell to have a suicidal sibling - but as for you, yup, keep those feet up!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i also agree that you should try your best to keep away from the crazy relatives and definitely keep your feet up! maybe you can convince someone to give you a foot massage too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You do look great. I hope the blood pressure lowers, like everyone said.. keep those feet up.

    I never knew how swollen I was till about 2 weeks after the baby came, and I went to shave and noticed.. I have ankles. lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. Reminds me of when I get super worried because my son took off with friends and no one can find him, as soon as I know he's safe and sound, I have this urge to strangle him, just a little. I thinks its probably like that with the relatives, you are just more evolved then they are.

    I gree, put your feet up. Rest. To be honest, you sound like me when I was in that point of being preggo. Of course, my ass was bigger . . . .

    ReplyDelete
  8. You looked great in your belly pic.

    I don't think I was an overly anxious person to start with but this last year has altered my temperament. My moderate obsessiveness has gone round the bend.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You do look great! And take it easy because you know that stress during pregnancy will cause the baby to be born with green skin and pointy teeth :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful belly shot, lady. And good for you. Put those feet up and nurture your inner princess.

    ReplyDelete