Sunday, September 28, 2008

Shrinky-dinks

Why I'll never get elected to public office:

Scene: I'm at the psychologists office waiting for the kids to finish their psychoeducational testing. They are busy sitting in front of computer screens and writing and drawing.

From: Aurelia
Sent Using: Peer-to-Peer
Message status:delivered
To: Mr.Cotta

This questionnaire is so long there is no way I can do it all here. I'll have to fill it all out tonight so you will be able to see it as well.
Remind me again, which one sets fires? And is it the other kid who tortures small animals or is that the same one?

From: Mr.Cotta
Sent Using: Peer-to-Peer
Message status:delivered
To: Aurelia

(grin) I'm sure you are having fun!

From: Aurelia
Sent Using: Peer-to-Peer
Message status:delivered
To: Mr.Cotta

Of course you know raising wounded geniuses are my ultimate life goal. This place makes me wet baby.


Now tell me honestly. What's wrong with a little dark humour to relieve the tension when you are quaking in fear that your child will turn out to be damaged in some way?

6 comments:

  1. Could you mean dark humour since black humour makes me think of something else?....something not so pc.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course I mean that! Arghhhh....I thought it didn't matter if i said one or the other.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so pc I read it as dark humour, which I live for btw.
    I also read 'damaged' as 'deranged' which says a lot about my mental state right Dr Freud?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not to get away from the lovely point of this post, but I prefer the term black humor. No offense to the above commenters, but I find the excessiveness of PC-ness to be a bit ridiculous.

    Moving on...

    Got a great laugh with this post. And I need all the giggles I can get right now. Keep writing, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL - my husband and I share moments like that, about the child and about plenty of other things too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dark humour is what gets me by :)

    J

    ReplyDelete