Tuesday, March 31, 2009

All Clear--and now for the rest of my life

The results of Mr.C's CT scan came back all clear, and quite awesome. Totally, utterly completely clear in fact. The pulmonologist now subscribes to my theory of the drippy bits of goo from someone's danish screwing up the x-ray film. They had the results last Tuesday, and left a message on the home answering machine, but of course, the dingbat receptionist said they did NOT have the results when he called on his cellphone Wednesday and said, hey, as soon as you know the results, can you call my CELLPHONE right away because we are away and don't want to be in suspense for our entire vacation.

He found out late yesterday afternoon, and yes, we did spend the entire vacation in suspense!

Sigh....the things I would change if I was in charge of the universe....

Anyway, the vacation was lovely, except for how much I missed you all because of the problems with getting on the internet. I could do it on the iPod touch, but only the basics, like checking emails, and attempting to get some updates here and there on Facebook, etc. and I wanted to be outside instead of inside at the internet cafe. As you know from my cottage vacation dial-up debacles, in my mind, a vacation just isn't a vacation if you have to disconnect from all of your friends! I'm hoping that by the time that I go away again, Rogers will have amended their incredibly fucked up non-existent international data plans for phones and blackberries. It's kind of embarassing when you go places and discover that the poorest citizens in your vacation country have better cellphone plans than you do.

Interesting things about the Mayan Riviera? They have what I swear is the largest Walmart in the history of Walmarts. With every kind and brand of baby item in the known universe. I really did not have to bring anything down except for things for the plane, and to be honest, I kind of would love it if they had a rental place for that kind of stuff when travelling! There is a rental place in Puerto Vallarta, but not one in Cancun and area...Good news is that we were able to get lots of baby food and he liked the buffet stuff as well so he had lots of finger food in between swims and stroller rides.

All in all, it was a great time. Mr.C. and Kaz got to go scuba diving and I got to sit and sun myself while the baby was at the Babyclub. (That almost didn't happen--eeek, thank god Jackie got it in writing for me that they would take him at his age!) Mac loved the kid's club and once he got into it and started hanging out, he pretty much refused to leave.

I have more to say, but once again, I am behind the eight ball. Dinner, hockey, tutors, bill-paying, and figuring out why Kaz's report card is so horrendous. He got a B- in religion! The bird course of the century for pete's sake. All he had to do was memorize the sacraments and other basic stuff. I know he is bored, and hates even paying attention to the easy stuff, but flunking out because you like to doodle on the side of the page is not the answer.

I have to get him a little more engaged with the school. Or make the school do something less brain-deadening with him....

15 comments:

  1. So glad all is clear with Mr. Cotta! What a relief.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fuck yeah.

    And damn that person with the danish!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's great news about the danish! I hope Mr.C was able to relax in spite of not having the news while away.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i'm so glad that all is well with mr. c, despite not having the good news while away! welcome back from vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  5. wahoo
    and seriously I need you to be in charge

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice to have you back! And glad to hear that all is well with Mr.C

    ReplyDelete
  7. So happy to hear all is well!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad everything's okay and you had a nice trip!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So glad to hear it's all clear. Now it's time for beer and cheer!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So happy to hear the good news! And it sounds like a great vacation too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Glad everything turned out OK! & that you had such a good vacation!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank goodness the news was good!

    Pleased to hear your vacation went well. Ah, sun!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats on the clear CT scan and the great vacation. It sounds wonderful!!!!

    ReplyDelete