Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Another kind of two weeks

Today I shot 600 photos. One for each piece of my kid's art that we were trying to preserve. And mostly all toss after that. Yeeeesss, I know I'm the packrat who keeps everything, but at some point, paint cracks and chips, and macaroni & glue crack and crumble. So all I'm going to say is, damn I'm glad we finally bought this digital camera!

We're keeping several special pieces and framing and hanging them, but the rest have to go. They are disintegrating and it's not going to be pretty. Bit weepy over here.

Anyway, still overall a better week so far. Lots of fevered organizing here today, and the replacement bed for the hideous rock-hard TempurPedic arrived, free. Thank God for Sleep Country and their guarantee. I now have a nice plushy super soft regular bed. No more pain, agony, overheated sweaty unbreathable memory foam. I can't believe astronauts actually sleep on that. No wonder they're all alcoholics! 2 more weeks and I would've started shooting heroin to relieve that back pain.

All over now, just a distant memory I hope. The new one has lovely coils and a fluffy supersoft topper. All the better to do some pushin' on the cushions, I say! Wheeeeeee!

The next few days the boys are sleeping over and hopefully will be fine while Mr.Cotta and I hang out and enjoy ourselves. Unfortunate side effect----not too much blogging time. Sigh....and when they get back, I'll be with them 24/7 for the 10 days afterwards. So they may not want to sit around watching while I read blogs.

So, for the next two weeks or so, I'm not sure how much I'll be around. I'll try to read, and I'll definitely be checking email, and trying to keep up here and there.

Off to try the new bed. If I'm going to be spending a lot of time there, I'd better start, eh?

5 comments:

  1. Have fun, all sorts of fun :)

    I just went through another stack of Monkey's art works yesterday. Tossed a bunch, labeled a bunch (to put into special portfolios she got for her birthday). Someday, though, I am guessing I will have to take pictures of and toss a whole bunch of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too! I don't have enough space for never ending artwork and school projects. I have a wall that I switch out the best of the most recent artwork. And I scan a lot. I have the fujitsu scansnap at work. It's the zippiest scanner. http://www.fujitsu.com/us/services/computing/peripherals/scanners/workgroup/s510.html?gclid=CIKeuOGG0o0CFSMgUAod_RLeOw
    That way I can scan in class lists, writing projects, etc and not have that endless paper trail lying around.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoy the blog break and the new bed (which sounds heavenly, btw).

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're such a good mom! Congratulations on the new bed and have fun in it. I hope the next two weeks are productive and enjoyable. We'll miss you....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, how I admire your resolve in digitally recording and then tossing the sacred child art! My daughter ... I don't know how she'd survive if I did that!

    Have fun on the new bed :-)

    ReplyDelete