Friday, December 22, 2006

Wii are hoping for a miracle

Yes, I need a Wii. I'm willing to pay bribes...big bucks people.

A Nintendo Wii gaming system for those of you with your heads stuck in eggnog for the last few months.

My 10 year old has been begging for a game system for ages, but they were all so stupidly violent I just said no. And then I learned a little more and discovered that the GameCube is great for little kids with lots of family rated games, the PlayStation is for slightly older kids, more like PG/AA rated. And the Xbox and Xbox 360 and it's games are too violent and destructive even for Al-Qaeda, possibly even for the NHL. (At least this is the rep among my boys friends and moms...)

But still, all of them involve sitting on your butt in a dark room in front of a computer screen manipulating a joystick. Sort of like blogging or sex, y'know. (snort)

But not the magical Wii, however. There are action, thrills, chills, and if you aren't careful a few real life collisions. So my kids both want it from Santa. And they told Santa that just TWO WEEKS AGO. Never mind that all of freakin' North America is sold out. I have combed every store I can find, surfed EBay, begged, and prayed to multiple religious icons.

No Dice.

So if anyone remotely close to Toronto can get me one, I'll, I'll, I'll do just about ANYTHING. I can't offer to carry your child due to my lousy barely working uterus and ovaries, and I can't give away the two living kids I've got, or this is all kind of pointless, right?

But I'm willing to negotiate just about anything else...REALLY!

3 comments:

  1. Glad I didn't scare you away with my downerisms. And I wish I could help you with the whole Wii thing, but my head was stuck in eggnog so I didn't have a clue what you were talking about until you explained it. Oh God, I hope my husband didn't ask for one of those things when I wasn't listening. Eesh, I guess the nose hair clippers weren't a good replacement then. They fit in the stocking better than one of those game thingees. Not having cable is really getting in the way of my coolness. OK, so I was never cool to begin with.

    Oh, and I just put in a call to the husband to give him a heads up. And after talking with my therapist on the phone a few minutes ago, I am following up on her recommendation of reading something frivolous and light. So after I am done scouring blogs for the millionth time today, I will be picking up Artemis Fowl. I have a whole stack of kids books calling my name. I bought them used for the children I think I have, but let's be real, I am really the only kid in this house. Thanks again!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kim,
    I'm so sorry. I did not intend on making a joke about birth mothers or adoption or surrogacy, and I guess I screwed up. I really wasn't trying to offend you.
    There is a weird social and personal pressure I feel about being a mother, after suffering multiple miscarriages and a stillbirth, and going through IF. It is that I feel an overwhelming responsibility to be "The Perfect Mother", since I've struggled so hard to have the few I do, ie. I should be willing to do ANYTHING for them, give them anything on earth they desire, except of course that that is ridiculous, right? I know it logically, but desperation breeds bad jokes. Can you forgive me, please?

    ReplyDelete